About Our Scrubs
Our scrubs are all handmade with 100% natural ingredients. There are no perfumes, dyes, additives or preservatives.
Clean Beauty Swiss scrubs are vegan and never tested on animals. I personally develop and test each of our different scrubs - if I don't love it, I won't sell it.
Each scrub has been formulated specifically for busy women who want gorgeous, healthy skin. Each of the ingredients serves a purpose, they all have a reason for being included. Below is a list of ingredients used in our scrubs with their function and benefit.
- Coconut oil is one of the best all natural moisturizers period. It easily melts into the skin without leaving behind any residues. In fact, when you use a Clean Beauty Swiss scrub in the shower, it leaves your skin so silky soft and hydrated you can toss your creams and lotions in the trash.
- Coconut oil can actually repair fine lines! It penetrates deep into the skin, its triglycerides attract protein molecules, repairing the collagen in our skin.
- Coconut oil is antibacterial and antimicrobial, using it protects your skin.
- Sugar is a natural humectant, this means that it draws moisture from the environment into your skin keeping it hydrated.
- Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the "glue" that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin. Glycolic acid is typically used to treat sun-damaged and aging skin.
- Sugar is a natural exfoliant, its granules tend to be a bit more delicate than those of salt and its humectant properties mean that it is a more delicate, hydrating option.
- Sea salt is a wonderful exfoliator, when massaged onto the skin it removes dull skin and improves circulation resulting in a healthy glow. This improved circulation encourages the skin cells to regenerate.
- Sea salt is a natural detoxifier.
- It also has antiseptic qualities – when applied to your skin, it kills harmful bacteria and helps to sooth inflammation and irritation making it a great choice for those suffering from eczema and psoriasis.
- Coffee is a veritable superhero in the skin care world! The caffeine in coffee stimulates circulation, this helps reduce cellulite, heal scars, reduce stretchmarks, tighten skin, reduce water retention, perk up a dull complexion and reduce under eye puffiness.
- Ironically while coffee gets the blood pumping, it has the opposite effect on the skin itself. With its high antioxidant content, it is actually quite calming and anti-inflammatory when applied topically making it great for those suffering from eczema, psoriasis and irritated skin in winter months.
- In addition to all this coffee is full of antioxidants, the little powerhouses that fight free radicals which are what cause the signs of aging.
- In the fight against acne, coffee grounds in a scrub can make a huge difference. Coffee is antibacterial and combined with its anti-inflammatory properties can help prevent and heal acne, acne scars and even wounds in general.
- Ginger contains around 40 antioxidants, including vitamin C, which has been shown to reduce the signs of aging.
- Ginger is said to improve the pigmentation of white or lighter colored scars, such as stretchmarks, thanks to those antioxidants and its intrinsic toning properties.
- It is a cellulite blaster!
- Cinnamon is antibacterial, antifungal and is full of antioxidants making the perfect complexion booster.
- Cinnamon improves circulation which helps keep your skin hydrated and soft.
- It is known to offer relief to skin inflamed and irritated by eczema
- The nutrients in peppermint leaves help tone the skin, minimize pores, reduce swelling and restore skin elasticity.
- Vitamins A and C are powerful antioxidants that fight inflammation appearing in the form of red marks on the skin. B vitamins, riboflavin, and folate, brighten the complexion.
- Mint leaves create a cooling sensation perfect for helping to alleviate bloating and water retention.
- Vanilla is an excellent source of B-vitamins like niacin, thiamin, Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid fundamental in the maintenance of healthy skin.
- The antioxidant properties of vanilla protect your skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants and toxins.
- This aromatic spice is also beneficial for your nervous system. In some studies it has been shown to help reduce anxiety and anxiety related disorders, such as claustrophobia.